FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Reports To: Accounts Payable Manager
The Accounts Payable Specialist will complete payments and control expenses by receiving, processing, verifying and reconciling material invoices and vendor statements. Vendor compliance and then release of payments. This will be a part time position to start 20-30 hours per week with the possibility for a full time role in the future.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, the employee must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and in a timely manner. The following duties are representative of the job but are not all inclusive and other duties may be assigned as needed.
Accounts Payable duties:
- Daily entry of invoices into Company’s ERP platform
- Matches job material invoices with purchase orders and submits for approval
- Assigns non-job invoices in system to appropriate personnel for approval
- Review, process VISA and fuel card statements- code, enter, proper back up and pay
- Investigates and resolves problems associated with the processing of invoices and statements.
- Partners with project teams to ensure accurate and timely payments to vendors and subcontractors
- Forwards subcontract pay requests to project teams and then pays when directed
- Process expense reports
- Ability to understand and write as needed, standard operating procedures (SOP) for AP
- Receives, researches, and resolves a variety of routine internal and external inquiries concerning account status, including communicating the resolution of discrepancies to appropriate persons
- Regularly report to work, on time and prepared to perform all tasks as outlined in job description and / or assigned
- Perform duties in a safe, ethical and legal manner following the policies and procedures as established by company.
- Assist Accounting Department with variance task when needed.
- May serve as back up to the Office Services Coordinator.
Other duties as assigned.
The following qualifications are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities needed to perform the job but are not all inclusive.
- Two-year Accounting degree or two years of construction full cycle accounts payable process experience. Accounts receivable experience is preferred.
- Computer literate with excellent MS Excel, Office 365 skills and a working knowledge of accounting software.
- Strong written and verbal communication, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Must be able to read, write and understand English.
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Employee must be able to work independently, can exercise independent judgment within defined parameters.
This position is a hybrid work environment where some days will be working from home and some days will be in office each week. This will depend on the needs of the department and will be subject to change based on company need. This role may occasionally require a visit to job sites where work is done outside in a construction environment. May be exposed to weather, dirt/dust, loud noise, and may be required to wear personal protective equipment. Must be able to work for long periods of time in front of a computer. Required to lift 10lbs regularly and 25lbs occasionally. Regular attendance is required to perform the job satisfactorily.
Our philosophy is simple. The foundation of our success is rooted in the skills and talents of our people and their commitment to who we are. Pence lives by a set of values and we look to our employees to keep those values in everything they do. On your first day at Pence, you will learn about those values and how we live them straight from our owners.
Founded in 1949 by Dale Pence, in Salem Ore., Pence Construction has been passionate about building with integrity and quality for decades. With many long-standing client relationships and lengthy employee tenure, Pence is a trusted partner to our clients.
Formerly known as LCG Pence, Pence is owned by Paul Schulz and Dave Hays. With more than 150 employees currently, Pence serves a wide variety of clients from senior living, education, multi family housing, office, and more. We are looking for talented and value-oriented people to join us.