The Graphic Designer is responsible for designing a wide variety of marketing and communications projects that assist the company in meeting our overall goals. This position will develop all designs for proposals, advertising, social media, newsletters and other marketing materials. They will help create brand awareness through advertising and social media as needed. Expertise in digital asset management, system improvements and brand consistency mark a successful Graphic Designer at Pence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, the employee must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and in a timely manner. The following duties are representative of the job but are not all inclusive and other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Assists in the creation of all print and digital deliverables at the direction of the Sr Graphic Designer;
- Maintains brand standards across communication platforms;
- Works with proposal team to create specific, relevant graphics for construction industry topics and principles;
- Prepares drafts of design work and provides samples to editorial or other appropriate staff or departments for review;
- Revises projects as necessary based on collaborative feedback process;
- Organizes and maintains standards for file management;
- Visits construction project sites to take photos and gain creative assets for use on future proposals and marketing materials;
- Other duties, responsibilities, and activities related to Marketing team initiatives.
The following qualifications are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities needed to perform the job but are not all inclusive.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to both receive feedback and offer ideas.
- Ability to prioritize workload and/or pivot plans quickly when needed.
- Organized with attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently on an assignment.
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite as well as Microsoft Office Suite.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; major or significant coursework in Art, Graphic Design, or related disciplines highly preferred.
- At least five years of related work experience highly preferred.
Normally works in a typical office environment but will occasionally be required to visit job sites where work is done outside in a construction environment. May be exposed to weather, dirt/dust, loud noise, and may be required to wear personal protective equipment. Must be able to work for long periods of time in front of a computer. Required to lift 25lbs regularly and 50lbs occasionally. Regular attendance is required to perform the job satisfactorily.
Our philosophy is simple. The foundation of our success is rooted in the skills and talents of our people and their commitment to who we are. Pence lives by a set of values and we look to our employees to keep those values in everything they do. On your first day at Pence, you will learn about those values and how we live them straight from our owners.
Founded in 1949 by Dale Pence, in Salem Ore., Pence Construction has been passionate about building with integrity and quality for decades. With many long-standing client relationships and lengthy employee tenure, Pence is a trusted partner to our clients.
Formerly known as LCG Pence, Pence is owned by Paul Schulz and Dave Hays. With more than 150 employees currently, Pence serves a wide variety of clients from senior living, education, multi family housing, office, and more. We are looking for talented and value-oriented people to join us.