The Human Resource Generalist will assist the Human Resource Manager. Provide HR support for general employee and manager questions. Support and drive projects that span across all areas of the HR team, to continuously improve and deliver new solutions that better serve our employees and managers.
- Partner with HR Manager to develop & implement HR strategies and initiatives that align with the business strategy & objectives.
- Assist in managing employee relations issues, conducting effective, thorough, and objective investigations.
- Partner with Recruiter to manage the local recruitment efforts and selection process.
- Maintain employee personnel files.
- Partner with Benefits Specialist to support and manage benefit programs and 401k plan
- Partner with HR Manager to develop, monitor, and continuously improve overall HR strategies, systems, processes & procedures.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state & local employment laws.
- Assist in providing coaching, counseling and career development
- Provide HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Analyze trends, market data and metrics in partnership with HR Management to develop solutions, programs, and policies.
- Report and analyze HR metrics to measure effectiveness and support decisions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations HRIS and talent management systems.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- 3-5 years of Human Resource management experience
- Experience working with HRIS programs.
Our philosophy is simple. The foundation of our success is rooted in the skills and talents of our people and their commitment to who we are. Pence lives by a set of values and we look to our employees to keep those values in everything they do. On your first day at Pence, you will learn about those values and how we live them straight from our owners.
Founded in 1949 by Dale Pence, in Salem Ore., Pence Construction has been passionate about building with integrity and quality for decades. With many long-standing client relationships and lengthy employee tenure, Pence is a trusted partner to our clients.
Formerly known as LCG Pence, Pence is owned by Paul Schulz and Dave Hays. With more than 150 employees currently, Pence serves a wide variety of clients from senior living, education, multi family housing, office, and more. We are looking for talented and value-oriented people to join us.