The Human Resources Assistant (HRA) is responsible for supporting the HR department and performs a variety of tasks that are HR specific as well as general administrative support. The HRA will have responsibility for certain HR processes and programs. This position is instrumental in assisting with recruitment efforts and with new team member onboarding experience.
Critical to the success of any HRA at Pence, is an understanding of our values. You have many duties and qualifications, but highest among them is acting in a way that reflects Pence authentically to our clients, partners, peers, and subcontractors. Our values are:
- We forge relationships with mutual respect.
- We are driven to constantly improve.
- We succeed together.
- We give of ourselves to fulfill our purpose.
- We keep our promises, even when no one is looking.
- We care for the safety and wellbeing of people.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, the employee must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and in a timely manner. The following duties are representative of the job but are not all inclusive and other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Organizes and schedules onboarding for new employees
- Performs background and driving record checks.
- Creates and/or prepares forms, templates, and other HR-related documents.
- Assist with recruitment efforts by managing job postings, conducting initial phone screenings and reference checks, and setting up interviews for hiring managers.
- Assists payroll department by providing relevant employee information.
- Provide administrative support for HR Department strategies and initiatives.
- Assist in managing employee and labor relations issues.
- Providing support to employees in various HR-related topics and resolve any issues that may arise.
- Assist with day-to-day operations of the HR functions and duties.
- Always exhibits exemplary customer service to internal and external customers.
- Positively responds to inquiries and requests for information in a timely, professional manner with accurate and relevant information.
- Special projects as assigned by Human Resources Manager.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
The following qualifications are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to perform the job but are not all inclusive.
- Associates Degree in HR, Business, or Administration; Bachelor’s Degree preferred; or
- Two years of experience as a Human Resources Assistant directly providing HR administrative support; or
- An equivalent combination of education and experience.
- General and basic knowledge of office and personnel management
practices and procedures.
- Experience with record-keeping and hiring processes.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications including, but not limited to, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook. Experience with HRIS systems a plus.
- Flexible and adaptable to change.
- Excellent multi-tasker who can function well in a fast-paced HR Department.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Very strong attention to detail
- Exceptional organizational skills and time management
- Ability to establish clear boundaries and set limits
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and willingness to assist others
- Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- High level of professionalism and integrity
- Excels at providing customer service, great follow through
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications.
- Desire to learn and grow in the role.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Valid Oregon Driver’s License and insured vehicle available for use on the job.
This job operates in a professional office environment. It routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers, etc. Must be able to work for extended periods of time in front of a computer. Is required to lift 10lbs regularly and up to 25lbs occasionally. Regular attendance is required to perform the job satisfactorily.
Our philosophy is simple. The foundation of our success is rooted in the skills and talents of our people and their commitment to who we are. Pence lives by a set of values and we look to our employees to keep those values in everything they do. On your first day at Pence, you will learn about those values and how we live them straight from our owners.
Founded in 1949 by Dale Pence, in Salem Ore., Pence Construction has been passionate about building with integrity and quality for decades. With many long-standing client relationships and lengthy employee tenure, Pence is a trusted partner to our clients.
Formerly known as LCG Pence, Pence is owned by Paul Schulz and Dave Hays. With more than 150 employees currently, Pence serves a wide variety of clients from senior living, education, multi family housing, office, and more. We are looking for talented and value-oriented people to join us.