Pence Construction is recruiting for an experienced Human Resources Manager to provide vision, growth strategy and leadership to the organization. Additionally, this role will supervise a HR team comprised of a Benefits Specialist, Recruiter and HR Assistant. Functioning as a strategic business advisor to leadership, this role manages the overall provisions of HR services, policies, and programs that will provide the company with an employee-oriented, high-performance culture.
This position reports to the Chief Finance Officer.
- Manages, with impeccable service delivery, all functional areas of HR, including: Compensation and Benefits, Talent Acquisition, On-Boarding, Performance Management, Employee Relations, Leave programs, Return-to-Work programs, Affirmative Action Plan, HRIS, Employee and Leadership Training and Development, State and Federal employment laws, and the like.
- Leads the development of department goals, objective, and systems, including success measurement that align with the company’s overall goals and objectives.
- Develops and administers programs, procedures, and guidelines to help align the workforce with company growth strategies, while also mitigating risks.
- Partners with management to communicate HR policies, procedures, programs, and laws.
- Conduct investigations when employee concerns are brought forth; monitor and advise managers in the performance improvement process, including termination and disciplinary actions; and partner with our employment attorney to resolve any legal claims that may arise.
- Drive the creation of talent acquisition strategies to support diversity and inclusion
- Ensure employee records and HR data within the HRIS is accurate and properly maintained; Create, analyze, and present reports to inform leadership of organizational concerns, and propose solutions for addressing critical employee engagement trends.
- Establish company wages, salary structure, and pay practices to ensure equity and market competitiveness.
- Partnering with the CFO, obtains cost-effective employee benefits and monitors the national benefits environment to ensure that benefits are aimed at employee satisfaction and retention.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to organizational leaders; Coach, develop and lead HR team
- BA/BS in Human Resources, Business, Organizational Development or other relevant field, or 4 years additional HR experience in leu of degree.
- Experience in a union environment a plus
- Requires a minimum of 7 years of progressively responsible work in HR, with at least 3 years of prior HR team leadership experience.
- Proven ability to evaluate and implement sophisticated HR-related programs and initiatives both strategically and tactically
- Applied knowledge of HR management principles and best practices
- Demonstrated ability to work with a variety of organizational leaders to build consensus around HR strategy
- Models superior interpersonal communication, presentation, and organizational skills
- Keen attention to detail; high customer service orientation
About Pence Construction
From the beginning Pence Construction has been an Oregon-owned and operated company. Back in 1949, Dale Pence Contracting’s mission was to build structures noted for their craftsmanship and client relationships based on trust. With over 70 years in the business and offices in Portland and Salem, Pence is consistently ranked one of the top General Contractors by the Portland Business Journal. Recognized by clients across the nation, Pence’s reputation for quality means we are strong company well positioned for growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Our philosophy is simple. The foundation of our success is rooted in the skills and talents of our people and their commitment to who we are. Pence lives by a set of values and we look to our employees to keep those values in everything they do. On your first day at Pence, you will learn about those values and how we live them straight from our owners.
Founded in 1949 by Dale Pence, in Salem Ore., Pence Construction has been passionate about building with integrity and quality for decades. With many long-standing client relationships and lengthy employee tenure, Pence is a trusted partner to our clients.
Formerly known as LCG Pence, Pence is owned by Paul Schulz and Dave Hays. With more than 150 employees currently, Pence serves a wide variety of clients from senior living, education, multi family housing, office, and more. We are looking for talented and value-oriented people to join us.