FSLA Status: Non-exempt
Reports To: Marketing Director
The responsibilities of a Junior Graphic Designer include creating designs according to specifications and improving design tasks. Jr Graphic Designer will work closely with our Sr Graphic Designer to help create captivating designs and graphic formatting for a variety of needs across our media channels.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, the employee must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and in a timely manner. The following duties are representative of the job but are not all inclusive and other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Assisting in the creation of all print and digital deliverables at the direction of our Sr Graphic Designer
- Take an active role in the entire design process for a wide variety of projects
- Develop conceptual design solutions from inception to delivery
- Successfully blend strategically defined business objectives with a brand-oriented visual aesthetic
- Collaborate with the management team to drive the design of campaigns and the RFP process
- Produce proofs for feedback from management and adjust work accordingly
- Work with outside vendors to coordinate sending and approving artwork
- Continue to visually evolve the brand as the brand continues to do the same
- Help set, evolve, and maintain our brand book and toolkits
- Assist with photographer scheduling and photo library management
- Other duties, responsibilities, and activities related to Marketing team initiatives
The following qualifications are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities needed to perform the job but are not all inclusive.
- This position is entry-level; 1+ years in a professional Graphic Designer role with a formal education a plus
- A unique individual voice while being able to represent the brand with consistency and integrity
- You are self-motivated and able to work autonomously, with a focused and hard-working attitude
- A quick learner who can work with minimal or no supervision
- Ability to multitask and work coolly and professionally in time-sensitive situations
- Must have good communication skills with the ability to both receive feedback and offer ideas
- Ability to troubleshoot issues and/or pivot plans quickly to coordinate corrective actions needed
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Must understand pre-press techniques and can create hi-res, output ready files across a variety of mediums
- Must be well versed in design platforms including Mac OSX and Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop) as well as Microsoft Office
- Web design or WordPress experience a plus
Example – works in an office environment but may occasionally be required to visit job sites where work is done outside or in a Construction environment. May be exposed to weather, dirt/dust, loud noise, and may be required to wear personal protective equipment. Employee must possess good manual dexterity; can sit, stand, kneel, and squat; be able to lift at least 25 lbs. Regular attendance is required to perform the job satisfactorily.
Our philosophy is simple. The foundation of our success is rooted in the skills and talents of our people and their commitment to who we are. Pence lives by a set of values and we look to our employees to keep those values in everything they do. On your first day at Pence, you will learn about those values and how we live them straight from our owners.
Founded in 1949 by Dale Pence, in Salem Ore., Pence Construction has been passionate about building with integrity and quality for decades. With many long-standing client relationships and lengthy employee tenure, Pence is a trusted partner to our clients.
Formerly known as LCG Pence, Pence is owned by Paul Schulz and Dave Hays. With more than 150 employees currently, Pence serves a wide variety of clients from senior living, education, multi family housing, office, and more. We are looking for talented and value-oriented people to join us.