Department: Business Development
FSLA Status: Non – Exempt
Reports To: Director of Business Development and Marketing
The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for a wide variety of marketing and communications projects that assist the company in meeting our overall goals. The primary responsibilities of this position are to work with the Marketing Manager to respond to proposal requests, plan events, implement successful processes, and generate content for social media. The ideal candidate will have experience in construction/architecture/engineering, events, and content marketing. This role will also develop written content for advertising, social media, newsletters, and other marketing materials.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, the employee must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The following duties are representative of the job but are not all inclusive and other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Produces, edits, and finalizes written content for proposals to help Pence Construction win new work.
- Interviews Subject Matter Experts when needed to produce proposals, advertising and other materials.
- Primary editor and champion for the company newsletter.
- Creates online content including blog and social media posts, and manage social media accounts.
- Make edits to company website using WordPress platform
- Critically think through issues or problems, gather information, and provide recommendations to resolve them
- Work effectively with a variety of vendors including printers, promotional materials, video production companies, photographers, event space and caterers, etc.
- Brainstorms, prices, and orders company branded swag to promote brand awareness.
- Supports all aspects of company-sponsored events including golf tournaments, trade shows, picnic, twice year company meetings, holiday party and any other events that help support company goals.
- Assists in the production, schedule, and content of internal communication videos.
- Researches, plans, purchases and distributes client gifts.
- Coordinates and manages photo shoots for newly completed projects, marketing items, newsletter and social media content, new employees, etc.
- Assists in creating Standard Operating Procedures for the marketing department on all major processes.
The following qualifications are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities needed to perform the job but are not all inclusive.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism, communications, graphic design or associated disciplines;
- 2-5 years of experience in marketing, communications, advertising, agency or other related roles required.
- Good writing abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills and relationship building
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office, and Adobe Creative Suite;
- Experience in layout and design
- Excellent critical thinking skills that lead to recommendations and decisions
- Can work independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Experience and/or knowledge in construction preferred;
- Experience and/or knowledge of social media platforms;
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instruction
Our philosophy is simple. The foundation of our success is rooted in the skills and talents of our people and their commitment to who we are. Pence lives by a set of values and we look to our employees to keep those values in everything they do. On your first day at Pence, you will learn about those values and how we live them straight from our owners.
Founded in 1949 by Dale Pence, in Salem Ore., Pence Construction has been passionate about building with integrity and quality for decades. With many long-standing client relationships and lengthy employee tenure, Pence is a trusted partner to our clients.
Formerly known as LCG Pence, Pence is owned by Paul Schulz and Dave Hays. With more than 150 employees currently, Pence serves a wide variety of clients from senior living, education, multi family housing, office, and more. We are looking for talented and value-oriented people to join us.