The Marketing Writing & Research Assistant is responsible for managing a wide variety of marketing and communications projects that assist the company in meeting our overall goals. This position will develop written content for proposals, advertising, social media, newsletters and other marketing materials using resource materials, interviews, data, and research. They will help create brand awareness through advertising and social media messaging. This position is also responsible for researching project details, construction activities, and explaining them in layman’s terms. Candidate should be a strong researcher and writer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, the employee must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The following duties are representative of the job but are not all inclusive and other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Produce, edit, and finalize written content for proposals, newsletters, advertising, marketing, events and other needs as determined by the Director of Business Development and Marketing;
- Create and maintain content library for proposals;
- Work with the Director of Business Development & Marketing and subject matter experts (SMEs) to update proposal language as necessary;
- Interview SMEs when needed and implement a shareable, easy-to-navigate system for content;
- Respond to proposal requests under the direction of the Project Executives, and Director or Business Development & Marketing
- Provide usable information that is accurate, timely and provides recommendations to expedite decision making;
- Write articles for the internal company newsletter;
- Craft advertising and social media messages;
- Create online content including blog and social media posts, and manage social media accounts;
- Critically think through issues or problems, gather information, and provide recommendations to resolve them
The following qualifications are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities needed to perform the job but are not all inclusive.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications or associated disciplines;
- 1-4 years of experience in journalism, marketing, communications, advertising, agency or other related roles required;
- Exceptional writing abilities;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Excellent computer skills specifically within Microsoft Office;
- Can work independently and collaboratively in a team environment;
- Experience and/or knowledge in construction preferred;
- Experience and/or knowledge of social media platforms;
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instruction
Normally works in a typical office environment but will occasionally be required to visit job sites where work is done outside in a construction environment. May be exposed to weather, dirt/dust, loud noise, and may be required to wear personal protective equipment. Must be able to work for long periods of time in front of a computer. Required to lift 25lbs regularly and 50lbs occasionally. Regular attendance is required to perform the job satisfactorily.
Our philosophy is simple. The foundation of our success is rooted in the skills and talents of our people and their commitment to who we are. Pence lives by a set of values and we look to our employees to keep those values in everything they do. On your first day at Pence, you will learn about those values and how we live them straight from our owners.
Founded in 1949 by Dale Pence, in Salem Ore., Pence Construction has been passionate about building with integrity and quality for decades. With many long-standing client relationships and lengthy employee tenure, Pence is a trusted partner to our clients.
Formerly known as LCG Pence, Pence is owned by Paul Schulz and Dave Hays. With more than 150 employees currently, Pence serves a wide variety of clients from senior living, education, multi family housing, office, and more. We are looking for talented and value-oriented people to join us.