The Office Manager is a comprehensive role directly responsible for the tone and tenor of the Pence Construction office. Working collaboratively with a variety of departments the Office Manager ensures the office is focused on providing an exceptional experience for visitors and employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, the employee must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The following duties are representative of the job but are not all inclusive and other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Manages the Pence Lake Oswego office logistics including furnishings, changes, seating chart, moves, and décor;
- Engages with facilities service providers and office landlord;
- Directly oversees one Office Services Coordinator (OSC);
- Ensures office runs smoothly from catering to dishes either through individual agency to complete such tasks, or through delegation to the OSC;
- Takes pride in the management of the Pence office and looks for ways to constantly improve the experience;
- Assists with miscellaneous special projects or duties as needed;
- Supports the accounting team through payment mailings, credit card distribution and other timely and important activities;
- Greets clients and new employees, acting as the first moment of providing an exceptional experience;
- Manages micro events including retreats, offsites, and planning sessions as needed;
- Supports the Experience department in office-based event management.
The following qualifications are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities needed to perform the job but are not all inclusive.
- Bachelor’s, Associate’s degree or equivalent experience
- Able to interact with a vast range of people in an open, friendly, customer- oriented manner
- Excellent customer service
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong work ethic
- Able to create a positive environment
- Experience in Outlook, Excel, Word, and multi-line phone system
- Ability to work as an individual and within a team environment
- Motivated self-starter and self-manager
- Strong ability to problem-solve
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Working knowledge of standard office equipment
This job operates in a professional office environment. It routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers, etc. Must be able to work for extended periods of time in front of a computer. Is required to lift 10lbs regularly and up to 25lbs occasionally. Regular attendance is required to perform the job satisfactorily.
Our philosophy is simple. The foundation of our success is rooted in the skills and talents of our people and their commitment to who we are. Pence lives by a set of values and we look to our employees to keep those values in everything they do. On your first day at Pence, you will learn about those values and how we live them straight from our owners.
Founded in 1949 by Dale Pence, in Salem Ore., Pence Construction has been passionate about building with integrity and quality for decades. With many long-standing client relationships and lengthy employee tenure, Pence is a trusted partner to our clients.
Formerly known as LCG Pence, Pence is owned by Paul Schulz and Dave Hays. With more than 150 employees currently, Pence serves a wide variety of clients from senior living, education, multi family housing, office, and more. We are looking for talented and value-oriented people to join us.