This is a part-time temporary position with the possibility of extending into a permanent position directly reporting to the Payroll Manager. Candidate availability from 16-24hrs per week. The position entails review of weekly payroll reports, ensuring employees are paid correctly, review of tax and insurance payments, assisting with monthly reports, assisting in regular and special audits, fill in for payroll processing as needed, review and assist of entering garnishments and child support notices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, the employee must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and in a timely manner. The following duties are representative of the job but are not all inclusive and other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Assist in processing of payroll for all Pence entities
- Union reporting and filings
- Assist with daily/ weekly and monthly reports as needed
- Vacation and sick leave tracking
- Accurate reporting and filing of certified payroll
- Maintain strict confidentiality of pay records
- Ensure accuracy of all payroll for W-2 reporting and filing timely
- Maintain safety points
- Scan and file electronically all Payroll items to maintain a paperless environment
- Onboard union employees from union when requested and process in payroll
- Assist Payroll Manager with various projects as needed
The following qualifications are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities needed to perform the job but are not all inclusive.
- Associates degree or equivalent experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of Payroll systems
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instruction
- Exercise independent judgement within defined parameters
- Can work independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Excellent computer skills
Normally works in a typical office environment but may occasionally be required to visit job sites where work is done outside in a construction environment. May be exposed to weather, dirt/dust, loud noise, and may be required to wear personal protective equipment. Must be able to work for long periods of time in front of a computer. Required to lift 25lbs regularly and 50lbs occasionally.
Our philosophy is simple. The foundation of our success is rooted in the skills and talents of our people and their commitment to who we are. Pence lives by a set of values and we look to our employees to keep those values in everything they do. On your first day at Pence, you will learn about those values and how we live them straight from our owners.
Founded in 1949 by Dale Pence, in Salem Ore., Pence Construction has been passionate about building with integrity and quality for decades. With many long-standing client relationships and lengthy employee tenure, Pence is a trusted partner to our clients.
Formerly known as LCG Pence, Pence is owned by Paul Schulz and Dave Hays. With more than 150 employees currently, Pence serves a wide variety of clients from senior living, education, multi family housing, office, and more. We are looking for talented and value-oriented people to join us.