The PA provides administrative support to the Project Management Teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, the employee must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and in a timely manner. The following duties are representative of the job but are not all inclusive and other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Process subcontractor and supplier billings (SPO, SPO-PO and PSA’s)
- Quality control of subcontract and supplier billing procedures and invoice compliance to ensure accuracy
- Release compliant subcontract and supplier invoices for payment
- Communicate with subcontractors and project management staff regarding subcontract billings as needed
- Manage non-compliant subcontractor and supplier invoices
- Ensure compliance of joint check process for identified subcontractors and suppliers
- Administer final lien waiver process
- Administer retainage release process
- Processing and reviewing concrete truck tickets
- Data entry for crew timecards
- Collecting and organizing project receipts
- Tracking project subcontractor travel fees for accuracy
- Assist in Contract Status Log maintenance
- Print and send reports to project team as needed
- Prompt attention and management of email correspondence
- Enter data in buyout spreadsheet and comparison analysis sheet as directed by project team
- Create electronic folder structure for subcontract and suppliers as directed by project team
- Create and save draft template SPO & SPO-PO Request Forms in subcontract and supplier folders as directed by project team
- Create draft template Exhibit 1 Scope of Work and save in subcontract and supplier folders as directed by project team
- Draft Exhibit 2 Drawing and Specification List as directed by project team
- Enter budget into Import Template as directed by project team
- Enter meeting minutes as directed by project team
- Assist with project closeout
- Assist with monthly owner billing
- Assist with monthly project review as directed by project team
The following qualifications are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities needed to perform the job but are not all inclusive.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- At least 1 year of construction project support or germane experience in the construction industry
- Computer literate with excellent Microsoft Office skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to respond accurately and timely to written and verbal instruction
- Provide supportive customer friendly service to subcontractors and suppliers
- Can work independently and collaboratively in a team environment and take direction
- Experience with construction centric software preferred, but not required.
Works in a typical office environment but may be required to work at project job sites. May be exposed to weather, dirt/dust, loud noise, and may be required to wear personal protective equipment. Must be able to work for extended periods of time in front of a computer. Is required to lift 10lbs regularly and up to 25lbs occasionally. Regular attendance is required to perform the job satisfactorily.
Our philosophy is simple. The foundation of our success is rooted in the skills and talents of our people and their commitment to who we are. Pence lives by a set of values and we look to our employees to keep those values in everything they do. On your first day at Pence, you will learn about those values and how we live them straight from our owners.
Founded in 1949 by Dale Pence, in Salem Ore., Pence Construction has been passionate about building with integrity and quality for decades. With many long-standing client relationships and lengthy employee tenure, Pence is a trusted partner to our clients.
Formerly known as LCG Pence, Pence is owned by Paul Schulz and Dave Hays. With more than 150 employees currently, Pence serves a wide variety of clients from senior living, education, multi family housing, office, and more. We are looking for talented and value-oriented people to join us.