The Proposal Specialist is responsible for a specific and vital process of proposal submission to win new construction projects. The primary responsibilities of this position are to work with the Marketing Manager to respond to proposal requests, implement successful processes, and guide the evolution of quality content. The ideal candidate will have experience in construction/architecture/engineering, and proposal generation. Although any candidate with proposal or complex project management experience should consider applying.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, the employee must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The following duties are representative of the job but are not all inclusive and other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Produces, edits, and finalizes written content for proposals to help Pence Construction win new work;
- Stays up to date on current and future proposal tactics and best practices;
- Manages tight timelines and critical proposal processes;
- Leads proposal meetings with broad groups, ensuring proposal process moves along effectively;
- Able to work with diverse cast of characters including operations teams, graphic designers, technical writers, and partners;
- Makes recommendations for process improvements and enhancements;
- Seeks partnerships within the company to win work;
The following qualifications are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities needed to perform the job but are not all inclusive.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism, communications, graphic design or associated disciplines;
- 2-5 years of experience in marketing, communications, advertising, agency or other related roles required.
- Superb project management skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Good writing abilities
- Relentless curiosity
- Excellent interpersonal skills and relationship building
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office, and Adobe Creative Suite;
- Excellent critical thinking skills that lead to recommendations and decisions
- Can work independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Experience and/or knowledge of social media platforms;
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instruction
This job operates in a professional office environment. It routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers, etc. Must be able to work for extended periods of time in front of a computer. Is required to lift 10lbs regularly and up to 25lbs occasionally. Regular attendance is required to perform the job satisfactorily.
Our philosophy is simple. The foundation of our success is rooted in the skills and talents of our people and their commitment to who we are. Pence lives by a set of values and we look to our employees to keep those values in everything they do. On your first day at Pence, you will learn about those values and how we live them straight from our owners.
Founded in 1949 by Dale Pence, in Salem Ore., Pence Construction has been passionate about building with integrity and quality for decades. With many long-standing client relationships and lengthy employee tenure, Pence is a trusted partner to our clients.
Formerly known as LCG Pence, Pence is owned by Paul Schulz and Dave Hays. With more than 150 employees currently, Pence serves a wide variety of clients from senior living, education, multi family housing, office, and more. We are looking for talented and value-oriented people to join us.